Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang - Lake Gardens, Brickfields & Bangsar (Chapter)
This is the Lake Gardens, Brickfields & Bangsar chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang guidebook.
The Lake Gardens (Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park) were once a colonial retreat to escape the hurly-burly of downtown. This lush, landscaped area is still KL’s green relaxation zone and includes three museums, six themed parks and other monuments and sights.
- admire the beautiful objects and artworks gathered from around the world in the Islamic Arts Museum, which occupies an impressive building embellished with decorative domes and mosaic tiles
- stroll the leafy gardens and visit the KL Bird Park in Tun Abdul Razak Heritage Park
- explore the Buddhist Maha Vihara, a peaceful complex of temples, and the neighbouring places of worship in Brickfields
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.