Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang - Day Trips from Kuala Lumpur (Chapter)
This is the Day Trips from Kuala Lumpur chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kuala Lumpur, Melaka & Penang guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Kuala Lumpur and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include the Batu Caves and the Forest Research Institute Malaysia.
- Batu Caves’ dramatic limestone crag riddled with caverns is both a natural marvel and religious site with its holy Hindu shrines and colourful dioramas
- switch track from the drone of city traffic and air-conditioning to birdsong and all-encompassing greenery at the Forest Research Institute Malaysia
- breathe easy at the classic, colonial-era, high-altitude resort of Bukit Fraser on the Selangor–Pahang border; it’s also a top bird-spotting destination
- travel from city to coast along the Klang Valley, pausing at a range of fun attractions and sights including a giant water theme park, a mega-mosque and Klang’s vibrant Little India
- Malaysia’s administrative hub of Putrajaya is a showboat of daring contemporary and Islamic heritage architecture arranged around a pretty, artificial lake
Coverage includes: Batu Caves, Forest Research Institute Malaysia, Bukit Fraser (Fraser’s Hill), Klang Valley, Putrajaya.