*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Korea - Understand Korea & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Korea Today, History, The Korean People, In the Korean Kitchen, Arts & Architecture, The Natural Environment, Directory A–Z, Transport, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, the arts scene, environment and wildlife to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on Korean people and culture
- info on the music sensations of K-Pop and K-Indie
- full coverage of Korean food and drink specialities with a handy food glossary
- details on national parks and environmental issues
Coverage includes: Korea Today, History – from the first Korean to the rule of Kim Jong-un, The Korean People: the Main Belief Systems, Competitive Lives, Korea’s Sporting Culture, Contemporary and Traditional Culture and Multiculturalism, In the Korean Kitchen: Restaurant Types and Typical Dishes, Drinks, Vegetarians and Vegans, Dining & Drinking Etiquette and Food Glossary, Arts & Architecture: Traditional Visual Arts, Modern & Contemporary Visual Art, Performing Arts, Music, Cinema, Literature, Temples & Palaces, Postwar and Contemporary Architecture, The Natural Environment: Animals, Plants, National Parks and Provinces and Environmental Issues, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.