*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Korea - North Korea (PDF Chapter)
This is the North Korea chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
There is quite simply nowhere on Earth like North Korea. You’ll be accompanied by two state-employed guides at all times and hear a one-sided account of history. Those who go will undertake a fascinating journey into another, unsettling world.
- marvel at the architecture, monuments and general totalitarian weirdness of Pyongyang
- feel the full force of Cold War tensions during a visit to Panmunjom in the Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), where an uneasy armistice holds
- explore the remote far north and Korea’s highest peak and holy mountain, Paekdusan
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes:, Sights, Activities, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking, Entertainment, Shopping, History, Understand North Korea, Survival Guide, Pyongyang, Around North Korea.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.