Korea - North Korea (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the North Korea chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
A visit to North Korea offers a glimpse of the world’s most isolated nation, where the internet and much of the 21st century remain relatively unknown, and millions live their lives in the shadow of an all-encompassing personality cult.
- marvel at the architecture, monuments and general totalitarian weirdness of North Korea’s showcase capital city, Pyongyang
- experience the full force of Cold War tensions during a visit to Panmunjom in the Demilita-rized Zone, where an uneasy armistice holds
- explore the remote far north and Korea’s highest peak, famous crater lake and holy moun-tain, Mt Paekdu
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Pyongyang & Around, Kaesong, Nampo, Sinchon, Panmunjom & the DMZ, Wonsan, Hamhung, Myohyangsan, Kumgang Region, Paekdusan, Chilbosan, Chongjin, Rajin-Sonbong, Understand North Korea, North Korea Today, History, The Culture, Environment, Survival Guide.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.