Korea - Jeollabuk-Do (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jeollabuk-do chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
The small southwestern province of Jeollabuk-do punches above its weight. At the centre is the capital Jeonju, famous for its hanok maeul, a village of hundreds of traditional tile-roofed buildings that house restaurants, cafes and teahouses.
- stroll the back alleys and explore the architecture and food of Jeonju Hanok Maeul, a tradi-tional village
- ski slopes that offer big vertical drops in Muju Deogyusan Resort
- hike Seonyudo, a grand island with panoramic ocean views and hidden trails
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jeonju & Around, Naejangsan National Park, Muju & Deogyusan National Park, Gochang & Around, Byeonsan-bando National Park, Gunsan & Seonyudo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation