*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Korea - Gangwon-Do (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gangwon-do chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
In Gangwon-do get lost in the mountains, chow down on Chuncheon’s fiery chicken dish dakgalbi or the raw fish of the coastal towns, or leap into a frenzy of sports such as skiing in Pyeongchang county, host of the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- climb through the stunning, misty mountains of Seoraksan National Park
- peer into North Korea at Goseong Unification Observatory, the northernmost point of the DMZ
- get your fill of quirky at the Chamsori Gramophone & Edison Museum and of phallic sculptures at Haesindang Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chuncheon, Samak-san, Sokcho & Around, Seoraksan National Park, Gangneung & Around, Pyeongchang, Gohan, Odaesan National Park, Samcheok & Around, Wonju and Chiaksan National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.