*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Korea - Gangwon-Do (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gangwon-do chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
In Gangwon-do get lost in the mountains, chow down on Chuncheon’s fiery chicken dish dakgalbi or the raw fish of the coastal towns, or leap into a frenzy of sports such as skiing in Pyeongchang county, host of the 2018 Winter Olympics.
- climb through the stunning, misty mountains of Seoraksan National Park
- peer into North Korea at Goseong Unification Observatory, the northernmost point of the DMZ
- get your fill of quirky at the Chamsori Gramophone & Edison Museum and of phallic sculptures at Haesindang Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chuncheon, Samak-san, Sokcho & Around, Seoraksan National Park, Gangneung & Around, Pyeongchang, Gohan, Odaesan National Park, Samcheok & Around, Wonju and Chiaksan National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.