Korea - Gangwon-Do (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gangwon-do chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
Mountainous Gangwon-do gives you some of South Korea’s most spectacular natural parks and scenic landscapes, up-close Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) experiences, and laid-back coastal towns and beaches on the East Sea.
- climb through the stunning, misty mountains of Seoraksan National Park, hunting out tem-ples, waterfalls and solitude
- watch and join in with the crowds eyeing up Haesindang Park’s extraordinary phallic sculptures
- explore the historic fabric of Sangwon-sa before hiking into the hills
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Chuncheon, Seoraksan National Park, Sokcho, Cheorwon, Naksan Provincial Park, Odaesan National Park, Gangneung, Jeongdongjin, Sam-cheok, Wonju, Pyeongchang, Chiaksan National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation