Korea - Chungcheongnam-Do (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chungcheongnam-do chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guide-book.
Some of the best nature within striking distance of Seoul is in Chungcheongnam-do. Gor-geous Daecheon Beach is popular, especially during the Boryeong Mud Festival, while those preferring solitude can hop on a ferry to one of the nearby islands.
- explore Korea’s ancient history while marvelling at 1500-year-old treasures from King Muryeong’s tomb in the Gongju National Museum
- stroll rugged coastal trails that wind past pristine beaches, mature forests and verdant rice paddies in Taeanhaean National Marine Park
- climb up the fortress in Buyeo, where the valiant Baekje army made its last stand
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Daejeon, Gyeryongsan National Park, Geumsan, Gongju, Buyeo, Boryeong, Sapsido, Taeanhaean National Marine Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation