Korea - Chungcheongbuk-Do (PDF Chapter)
This is the Chungcheongbuk-do chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guide-book.
Sleepy Chungbuk, as it’s known informally, is largely mountainous and agricultural. Climb the azalea-covered peaks of Sobaek-san, descend into the other-worldly caverns of Gosu Donggul, or simply savour the views along the river and at nearby Chungju-ho.
- wake up to glorious mountain views and paraglide down from the peaks in Danyang
- hike past Sobaeksan National Park’s gorgeous azaleas blooming in May
- sign up for a templestay at the modern but awe-inspiring hillside temple complex of Guin-sa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cheongju, Songnisan National Park, Chungju, Chungju-ho, Suanbo, Woraksan National Park, Danyang, Sobaeksan National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.