Korea - Around Seoul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Seoul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
In Gyeonggi-do and Incheon-gwangyeok-si you’ll find illustrious World Heritage–listed historical sites, snaking fortress walls, enchanting palaces, timeless temples, cultural villages, lively cities, national parks, sandy beaches, remote islands and picturesque mountains perfect for hiking and skiing.
- fathom the bizarre terror-meets-tourism experience of a trip to the DMZ
- discover a colonial past, Chinatown and contemporary art on a walk through Incheon
- stride along the World Heritage–listed fortress wall before browsing street art in Suwon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gyeonggi-do, The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), Joint Security Area (JSA), Heyri, Suwon & Around, Anyang Art Park, Donggureung, Namhansanseong, Icheon, Incheon-gwangyeok-si, Incheon, Yeongjongdo, Muuido, West Sea Islands and Ganghwado.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.