Korea - Around Seoul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Around Seoul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Korea guidebook.
The well-trodden mountain trails of Bukhansan National Park may be only a subway ride away from the city, but they are a world away in atmosphere. Further north, the long-depopulated Demilitarized Zone (DMZ), is the region’s grimly voyeuristic tourist drawcard.
- peek into North Korea for a bizarre terror-meets-tourism experience on a trip to the DMZ
- uncover Korea’s concession-era past with a stroll through Chinatown and the Old Port area in Incheon
- march along the World Heritage–listed fortress walls in Gyeonggi-do’s capital city, Suwon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Gyeonggi-do, DMZ, Suwon, Everland Resort, Dong-gureung, Namhansanseong Provincial Park, Icheon, Seoul Grand Park, Incheon Metropolitan City, Incheon, Muuido, Deokjeokdo, Ganghwado.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.