Kenya - Understand Kenya and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Kenya Today, History, Tribes of Kenya, Daily Life, The Arts, Kenyan Cuisine, Environment, National Parks & Reserves, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Lan-guage chapters from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food, culture and wildlife, to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and les-bian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- rundown on the tribes of Kenya
- info on the region’s diverse wildlife and habitats
- full coverage of the arts, including music, literature and jewellery
- details on the national language, Swahili
Coverage includes: Kenya Today, History, Tribes of Kenya, Daily Life, The Arts, Kenyan Cuisine, Environment, National Parks & Reserves, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation