*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Kenya - Southern Rift Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southern Rift Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
The Southern Rift Valley is cool and calm, swathed in forest and watered by moody mineral lakes that blanch and blush with the movements of pelicans and flamingos. The altitude peaks and dips all the way from Nairobi to Nakuru, ensuring pleasant weather almost year-round.
- view the tree-climbing lions, as well as black and white rhinos at Lake Nakuru National Park
- try to out-sprint a buffalo against the red-cliffed gorges of Hell’s Gate National Park
- scale the volcanic rim of Mt Longonot for a kestrel’s-eye view of the great Rift Valley
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lake Magadi & around, Longonot National Park, Naivasha, Lake Naivasha, Hell’s Gate National Park, Lake Elmenteita & around, Nakuru, Menengai Crater, Hyrax Hill Prehistoric Site, Lake Nakuru National Park, Njoro, Lake Bogoria, and Lake Baringo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.