No code necessary. See terms.
Kenya - Southern Rift Valley (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Southern Rift Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guide-book.
This slice of Africa’s Great Rift Valley is, for the most part, cool and calm, swathed in forest and watered by moody mineral lakes that blanch and blush with the movement of pelicans and flamingos.
- look for rhinos and tree-climbing lions in one of Kenya’s most rewarding parks, Lake Na-kuru National Park
- watch hippos shuffle into the spume and enjoy some of Kenya’s best birdwatching at Lake Baringo
- feel like part of the food chain by walking through the wildlife-rich, red-cliffed gorges of Hell’s Gate National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Lake Magadi & Around, Longonot National Park, Naivasha, Lake Naivasha, Hell’s Gate National Park, Lake Elmenteita & Around, Nakuru, Lake Nakuru National Park, Njoro, Lake Bogoria, Lake Baringo.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.