Kenya - Southeastern Kenya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeastern Kenya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guide-book.
Southeastern Kenya is one of the great wildlife-watching destinations in Africa. Here you’ll find a triumvirate of epic Kenyan parks – Amboseli, Tsavo West and Tsavo East – that are home to the Big Five and so much more.
- snap photos of elephants by Mt Kilimanjaro in Amboseli National Park
- roam the wilderness of Tsavo West National Park in search of leopards
- brave man-eating lions and red elephants in the back country of Tsavo East National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South of Nairobi, Namanga, Amboseli National Park & Around, Chyulu Hills National Park, Tsavo West National Park, Mbulia Conservancy, Tsavo East National Park, Tsavo Conservancy, Voi, Taita Hills Wildlife Sanctuary, Lumo Community Wildlife Sanctuary, Wundanyi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation