Kenya - Northern Kenya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Northern Kenya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
Calling all explorers! We dare you to challenge yourself against some of the most exciting wilderness in Africa. In our 21st-century world of wireless internet and dumbeddown TV, northern Kenya is an opportunity to leave behind all that is familiar and fall completely off the radar.
- blast over the plains of darkness, destined for a sea of jade at Lake Turkana
- shake hands with the Samburu in South Horr
- lead you camels to water during a camel safari in the Ndoto Mountains
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Isiolo, Archer’s Post, Samburu, Buffalo Springs & Shaba National Reserves, Samburu Area Conservancies, Matthews Range, Marsabit, Marsabit National Park, Moyale, Maralal, Lesiolo, Baragoi, South Horr, Lake Turkana, Loyangalani, North Horr, Kalacha, Marich, Lodwar, Eliye Springs, and Ferguson’s Gulf.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.