Kenya - Nairobi (PDF Chapter)
This is the Nairobi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
East Africa’s most cosmopolitan city, Nairobi is Kenya’s beating heart, an exciting, maddening concrete jungle that jarringly counterpoints the untrammelled natural beauty to be found else-where in the country.
- search for wild lions and rhinos within sight of skyscrapers in Nairobi National Park
- bottle-feed a group of orphaned baby elephants at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- relive Out of Africa nostalgia at Karen Blixen’s House & Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Around Nairobi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation