*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Kenya - Mombasa & the South Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mombasa & the South Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
From the hypnotic port city of Mombasa south to the border with Tanzania, this stretch of Kenyan coast is anything but ordinary. Where else can you see snow white beaches framed by kayas (sacred forests), soft-sailed dhows and elephant watering holes, all in one day?
- trade for chilli and cardamom inside the skinny streets of Mombasa Old Town
- dive into the emerald reef at Wasini Island and soak up the Swahili spirit
- step barefoot onto the soft white sand at Diani Beach, and later kitesurf its waves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mombasa, Shimba Hills National Reserve, Tiwi Beach, Diani Beach, Gazi & Chale Island, Funzi Island, Shimoni & Wasini Island, Lunga Lunga, Nyali Beach, Bamburi Beach, Shanzu Beach, and Mtwapa.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.