Kenya - Masai Mara & Western Kenya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Masai Mara & Western Kenya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
For most people, the magic of western Kenya is summed up in two poetic words: Masai Mara. Few places on Earth support such high concentrations of animals, and the Mara’s wildebeest-spotted savannahs are undeniably the region’s star attraction.
- have the world’s finest safari experience – and benefit the locals – in one of the conservancies surrounding the Masai Mara
- throw away your watch and make plans to stay forever on Lake Victoria’s idyllic islands, including Rusinga Island
- brew a proper cuppa in Kericho, the tea capital of Africa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Narok, Masai Mara National Reserve, Maji Moto Group Ranch, Mara North Conservancy, Naboisho Conservancy, Olare-Orok Conservancy, Olarro Conservancy, Olderikesi Conservancy, Siana Group Ranch and Conservancy, Kisumu, Homa Bay, Ruma National Park, Mbita & Rusinga Island, Mfangano Island, Kisii, Kericho, Kakamega, Kakamega Forest, Eldoret, Kitale, Mt Elgon National Park, and Saiwa Swamp National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.