Kenya - Masai Mara & Western Kenya (PDF Chapter)
This is the Masai Mara & Western Kenya chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
For many travellers, the magic of western Kenya is summed up in two poetic words: Masai Mara. Few places on earth support such high concentrations of animals, and the Mara’s wilde-beest-spotted savannahs are undeniably the region’s star attraction.
- watch one of the greatest wildlife shows on Earth in the Masai Mara National Reserve
- enjoy one of East Africa’s finest wildlife territories, Naboisho Conservancy
- look for birds and primates in Kakamega Forest Reserve, Kenya’s last true rainforest
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Masai Mara, Narok, Masai Mara National Reserve, Maji Moto Group Ranch, Mara North Conservancy, Naboisho Conservancy, Olare-Orok Con-servancy, Olderikesi Conservancy, Siana & the Southeastern Conservancies, Lake Victoria, Ki-sumu, Homa Bay, Ruma National Park, Mbita & Rusinga Island, Mfangano Island, Western Highlands, Kisii, Kericho, Kakamega, Kakamega Forest, Eldoret, Kitale, Mt Elgon National Park, Saiwa Swamp National Park
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.