Kenya - Lamu & the North Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lamu & the North Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guide-book.
Prepare to fall under the spell of this hypnotic part of Kenya’s Indian Ocean coastline, where the exotic permeates everything, blending spice, soul and sand. The attractions of this slice of paradise are not been lost on anyone lucky enough to visit.
- hop by dhow between stunning islands of the Lamu Archipelago and delve into centu-ries-old Swahili culture
- come face-to-face with serpents and reef fish while diving around Watamu
- embrace the Swahili village of Kilifi and high-five Mother Nature on the bank of Kilifi Creek
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: South of Lamu, Kilifi, Watamu, Arabuko Sokoke For-est Reserve, Mida Creek, Gede Ruins, Malindi, Lamu Archipelago, Lamu Island, Manda Island, Paté Island, Kiwayu Island.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation