*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Kenya - Central Highlands & Laikipia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Central Highlands & Laikipia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
The Central Highlands are the green-girt, red-dirt spiritual heartland of Kenya’s largest tribe, the Kikuyu. This is the land whose natural, cyclical patterns define the lives of the country’s largest rural population. And then there’s Laikipia, the scene for some of the best wildlife-watching anywhere in Kenya.
- hold a frozen Kenyan flag in your frozen hands atop the frozen summit of Point Lenana on Mt Kenya
- do a David Attenborough with an orphaned rhino then get up close and personal with its wild cousins at Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
- commune with the ancestors of some of Africa’s most famous lions on safari in Meru National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nyeri, Aberdare National Park, Solio Game Reserve, Nyahururu (Thomson’s Falls), Maralal, Nanyuki, Segera Ranch, Ol Pejeta Conservancy, Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Il Ngwesi Group Ranch, Borana Conservancy, Lekurruki Community Ranch, Mt Kenya National Park, Naro Moru, Meru, Meru National Park, Chogoria, Embu, Mwea National Reserve, and Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.