No code necessary. See terms.
Kenya - Central Highlands & Laikipia (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Central Highlands & Laikipia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Kenya guidebook.
The Central Highlands are the spiritual heartland of Kenya’s largest tribe, the Kikuyu. This is the land the Mau Mau fought for, that the colonists coveted and whose natural, cyclical patterns define the lives of the country’s largest rural population.
- hold a frozen Kenyan flag in your frozen hands atop the frozen summit of Point Lenana on Mt Kenya, 16km from the equator
- do a David Attenborough with an orphaned rhino then gett up close and personal with its wild cousins in Lewa Wildlife Conservancy
- spend an evening in Ol Pejeta Conservancy learning how to track lions
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Aberdares, Nyeri, Aberdare National Park, Laikipia, Solio Game Reserve, Nyahururu (Thomson’s Falls), Nanyuki, Segera Ranch, Ol Pejeta Con-servancy, Lewa Wildlife Conservancy, Il Ngwesi Group Ranch, Borana Conservancy, Lekurruki Community Ranch, Mt Kenya National Park & Around, Naro Moru, Meru, Meru National Park, Chogoria, Embu, Ol Donyo Sabuk National Park.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.