Kaua'i - Liju'e (PDF Chapter)
Lihuʻe, the island’s commercial center, is strip-mall plain, but there’s an abundance of eco-nomical eateries and shops along with a down-to-earth, workaday atmosphere that’s missing in resort areas. Kalapaki Beach is a charmer.
- chill on Kalapaki Beach, which melds natural beauty with loads of fun for the whole family
- slice through canyons on a once-in-a-lifetime helicopter tour over the soaring cliffs of the Na Pali Coast, Mt Waiʻaleʻale’s rain-soaked crater and the ‘Grand Canyon of the Pacif-ic’
- travel back in time at Grove Farm, an authentically restored 19th-century sugar plantation property that’s like a large-scale still life
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.