*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Kaua'i - Kapa'a & the Eastside (PDF Chapter)
If you look past the strip malls and highway traffic, the Eastside fascinates. Its geography runs the gamut, from mountaintop forests to pounding surf and a majestic river. Kapa?a’s historic town center echoes another bygone era of sugar plantations.
- explore playgrounds, sheltered swimming areas and tide-line driftwood piles with the kids at Lydgate Beach Park
- run, walk or pedal Ke Ala Hele Makalae, the 5 miles between Kapa?a Beach Park and Paliku (Donkey) Beach at sunrise
- feel the mana (life force) as you kayak the sacred Wailua River into a valley that was the birthplace of kings and the abode of ali?i (high royalty)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Best Places to Eat, Best Outdoors, Wailua, Waipouli, Kapa?a, Anahola, Ko?olau Road.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.