Kaua'i - Hanalei & the North Shore (PDF Chapter)
Forget Eden. The North Shore’s quilted green slopes and valleys are the picture of fertility. The seemingly untouched landscape makes it easy to imagine what life must have been like for ancient Hawaiians.
- stroll the heavenly 2 miles of golden sand washed with frothy surf in Hanalei Bay
- sunbathe before and after exploring the underwater caverns and lava tubes of Makua (Tunnels) Beach, or surfing the outer reef
- drink in panoramic views of the North Shore – and all its varied wildlife – from the doorstep of Kilauea Point Lighthouse
Coverage includes: Best North Shore Sunsets, Kilauea, ʻAnini, Prince-ville, Hanalei, Wainiha, Haʻena, Haʻena State Park, Na Pali Coast Wilderness State Park.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation