No code necessary. See terms.
Jordan - Understand Jordan and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This chapter contains the Jordan Today, History, Amateur Archaeology, Biblical Sites of Jor-dan, People & Society, Islam, Traditional Crafts, Flavours of Jordan, The Natural Environment, Green Jordan & Ecotourism, Safe Travel, Women Travellers, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history Biblical sites, etiquette and Bedouin cuisine to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travel-lers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on ecotourism initiatives and environmental issues
- info on volunteering on an archaeological dig
- full coverage of Jordan’s geography, geology, wildlife & nature reserves
- details on religious sites from Judaism, Christianity and Islam located in Jordan
Coverage includes: Jordan Today, History, Amateur Archaeology, Biblical Sites of Jordan, People & Society, Islam, Traditional Crafts, Flavours of Jordan, The Natural En-vironment, Green Jordan & Ecotourism, Safe Travel, Women Travellers, Directory A–Z, Transport, Health, and Language.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.