*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Jordan - Petra (PDF Chapter)
This is the Petra chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
The ancient Nabataean city of Petra, with its elaborate architecture chiselled out of the pink-hued cliffs, is not just the leading highlight of a country blessed with more than its fair share of top sites: it’s a wonder of the world. Add to this the cheerfulness of the Bedouin, and it’s easy to see what makes Petra a must.
- wind through the Siq, the sheer-sided chasm leading to an ancient world
- search the Royal Tombs for spirits, lurking in the rainbow-coloured hollows
- make the pilgrimage to the Monastery and watch the weather-burnished stones catch alight at sunset
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Ancient City, Wadi Musa and Siq al-Barid (Little Petra).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.