No code necessary. See terms.
Jordan - Petra (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Petra chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
Petra, the great Ancient City that lies half-hidden in the wind-blown landscape in southern Jordan – and voted by popular ballot in 2007 as one of the ‘New Seven Wonders of the World’ ¬– is one of the world’s most treasured Unesco Heritage Sites.
- follow the path of pilgrims through the Siq’s sheer-sided chasm that leads to an ancient world
- catch the early-morning sun slanting off the pillars of the Treasury at the end of the Siq
- climbe the processional way, pausing for tea with the Bedouin in the gardens of wildflow-ers, to reach the High Place of Sacrifice
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: The Ancient City, Wadi Musa, Siq Al Barid (Little Pet-ra).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.