*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Jordan - Madaba & the King's Highway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Madaba & the King’s Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
Occupying the central highlands and interrupted by the mighty Wadi Mujib, Madaba and the points of interest that punctuate the King’s Highway lie at the heart of ancient Jordan. With prehistoric dolmens, sites of biblical importance, Roman mosaics and Crusader castles, there is something fascinating to see along the entire length of this central region.
- splash through the permanent pools of water in one of the region’s many canyons
- enjoy the eagle-eye vista of Wadi Mujib from the viewpoint
- explore Karak & Shobak castles, Jordan’s most impressive Crusader remains
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Madaba, Mt Nebo & around, Wadi Jadid, Mukawir (Machaerus), Umm ar-Rasas, Wadi Mujib, Ar-Rabba, Karak, Wadi Hasa & Khirbet Tannour, Tafila, Dana Biosphere Reserve and Shobak.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.