No code necessary. See terms.
Jordan - Jerash, Irbid & the Jordan Valley (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Jerash, Irbid & the Jordan Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
The far north of Jordan is frequently eschewed by visitors, in favour of Petra’s grandeur and the splashy attractions of the Dead and Red Seas. However, this is a region rich in ancient ruins and biblical associations, all set in rolling countryside that’s ablaze with wildflowers in spring-time.
- survey views of three countries from the basalt ruins of Umm Qais
- discover the richness of Jordan’s flora at the Royal Botanic Garden
- travel the subtropical Jordan Valley, sampling seasonal fruits
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jerash & around, Dibeen Forest Reserve, Ajloun, Aj-loun Forest Reserve, Irbid & around, Abila (Quwayliba), Yarmouk Battleground, The Jordan Val-ley, Al-Himma (Mukheiba), Umm Qais (Gadara), Pella (Taqabat Fahl), Salt, Shuneh al-Janubiyyeh (South Shuna) and Bethany-Beyond-the-Jordan (Al-Maghtas).
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.