Jordan - Jerash, Irbid & the Jordan Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Jerash, Irbid & the Jordan Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
The north of Jordan is sometimes overlooked by visitors, but this is a region rich in ancient ruins and biblical associations, all set in rolling countryside that’s ablaze with wildflowers in springtime.
- jerash Wandering the colonnaded streets and admiring the impressive theatres of a Roman provincial city, one of the most spectacularly well-preserved such sites in the Middle East
- ajloun Forest Reserve Hiking along shady trails in one of the prettiest nature reserves in the country
- ajloun Castle Enjoying the sweeping views from this dramatic hilltop castle, one of Jordan’s most impressive Islamic structures
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Jerash & Around, Dibeen Forest Reserve, Ajloun, Aj-loun Forest Reserve, Irbid & Around, Abila (Quwayliba), Yarmouk Battleground, The Jordan Val-ley, Mukheiba, Umm Qais (Gadara), Pella (Tabaqat Fahl), Salt.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation