Jordan - Dead Sea Highway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dead Sea Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guide-book.
Sometimes you’ve got to get down low to find the real highlights. The Dead Sea is the example par excellence – to be found quite literally at the lowest point on earth. Taking a dip takes on a new meaning here, as the intensely salty water keeps you so buoyant you’ll be bobbing about like a cork rather than gracefully swimming a few strokes.
- wallow in hot springs at Hammamat Ma’in, one of the region’s thermal oases
- drive from high ground to low ground towards the Dead Sea Highway for the best views in Jordan
- splash through the canyon pools of Mujib Biosphere Reserve, keeping an eye open for ibex
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dead Sea, Herodus (Zara) Spring, Dead Sea Pano-ramic Complex, Hammamat Ma’in, Mujib Biosphere Reserve, Lisan Peninsula, Lot’s Cave and Wadi Araba.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.