Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Jordan - Dead Sea Highway (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Dead Sea Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guide-book.
Sometimes you’ve got to get down low to find the real highlights. The Dead Sea is the exam-ple par excellence – at literally at the lowest point on earth. Take a dip in the intensely salty water, or daub yourself in its mud at one of the many high-end spas along the coast.
- descend to the depths for a bob in the incredibly salty water of the Dead Sea, at the lowest point on earth
- relax mind and body in the Dead Sea Spas, and apply mud used for cosmetic purposes since the time of the biblical King Herod
- make a pilgrimage to Bethany-Beyond-the-Jordan, the holy spot on the Jordan River where it’s said that John the Baptist baptised Jesus Christ
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dead Sea Highway, Dead Sea, Bethany-Beyond-the- Jordan, Dead Sea Panoramic Complex, Wadi Zarqa Ma’in, Mujib Biosphere Reserve, Lisan Pen-insula.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.