*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Jordan - Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
Imagine a space so desolate that not even a boulder or a bush troubles the 360-degree horizon. Now add a carpet of ancient black volcanic rock, unnavigable even by camels. And finally, factor in a ravaging heat so overpowering in the summer that the ground pulses before your eyes and mirages appear in the distance. Welcome to the Eastern Desert!
- admire the risqué frescoes in the bathhouse of Qusayr Amra, a Unesco World Heritage site
- wander the maze-like corridors of Qasr Kharana, a mighty fortress in a lonesome desert
- clamber through the basalt ruins of Umm al-Jimal, an ancient town of shimmering black stone
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Azraq & around, Zarqa, Hallabat, Qasr al-Azraq, Azraq Oasis, Shaumari Wildlife Reserve, Qasr ‘Uweinid, Qusayr Amra, Qasr Kharana, Qasr al-Mushatta, Eastern Desert Highway, Mafraq, Umm al-Jimal, Qasr Deir al-Kahf, Safawi, Qasr Aseikhin and Qasr Burqu.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.