Jordan - Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Azraq & the Eastern Desert Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
Imagine a space so desolate that not even a boulder or a bush troubles the 360-degree hori-zon. Factor in a ravaging heat so overpowering in the summer that the ground pulses before your eyes and mirages appear in the distance. Welcome to the Eastern Desert!
- hunker down in a bird hide in Azraq Wetland Reserve and watch the drama of a waterhole unfold
- go on safari in Shaumari Wildlife Reserve to spot Arabian oryx, slowly being reintroduced to the area after being hunted to extinction
- admire the risqué frescoes in the bathhouse at the Unesco World Heritage Site of Qusayr Amra
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Azraq & Around, Zarqa, Hallabat, Azraq, Qusayr Amra, Qasr Kharana, Eastern Desert Highway, Umm Al Jimal, Qasr Deir Al Kahf, Safawi, Burqu.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.