Jordan - Aqaba, Wadi Rum & the Desert Highway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Aqaba, Wadi Rum & the Desert Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
Southern Jordan is the home of the Bedouin; they inhabit the unforgiving Southern Desert, a quintessential landscape of sand dunes, oases and weathered escarpments, beautiful at sunset and awe-inspiringly extreme in midsummer. A trip to Wadi Rum makes all but the most unromantic at heart long to leave the modern world behind and attempt the life of a nomad.
- live a ‘Lawrence moment’ by riding through Wadi Rum on a camel
- book a private tent and personally delivered dinner on your own sand dune in Diseh
- relax at one of Jordan’s blissful southerly coastal resorts
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Aqaba & around, South Coast, Wadi Rum & around, Diseh, The Desert Highway, Humaiyma, Ma’an and Qatrana.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.