Jordan - Aqaba, Wadi Rum & the Desert Highway (PDF Chapter)
This is the Aqaba, Wadi Rum & the Desert Highway chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
Wadi Rum is at the heart of any visit to southern Jordan, a landscape so magnificent that it leaves all but the most unromantic at heart dreaming of casting everything aside to lead the life of a nomad.
- don mask and flippers and hover with the fish over the spectacular coral gardens off the Red Sea Coast
- eat out in the relaxed port city of Aqaba, a stone’s throw from Egypt and Israel and the Pal-estinian Territories
- camp with the Bedouin in a goat-hair tent and experiencing the night sky in all its glory in Wadi Rum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Aqaba & Around, Red Sea Coast, Wadi Rum & Around, Diseh, The Desert Highway, Humaiyma, Ma’an, Qatrana.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.