Jordan - Amman (PDF Chapter)
This is the Amman chapter from Lonely Planet’s Jordan guidebook.
As Middle Eastern cities go, Amman is a relative youth, and though it lacks the storied history and thrilling architectural tapestry of other regional capitals, there’s plenty here to encourage you to linger awhile before making for Petra, the Dead Sea or Wadi Rum. In fact, Amman is one of the easiest cities in which to enjoy the Middle East experience.
- learn to cook like a local with a class at Beit Sitti
- see an exhibition at Dara al-Funun and sip tea amid the Byzantine ruins
- explore the breadth of Jordanian history at the superb Jordan Museum
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Dangers & Annoyances, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shop-ping, Getting There & Away, Getting Around, Around Amman, Wadi as-Seer & Iraq al-Amir, Cave of Seven Sleepers (Ahl al-Kahf) and Fuheis.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.