Japan - Tokyo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tokyo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guidebook.
More than any one sight, it’s Tokyo itself that enchants visitors. It’s a sprawling, organic thing, stretching as far as the eye can see. Always changing, with a diverse collection of neighbour-hoods, no two experiences of the city are ever the same.
- raise a glass in the colourful nightlife district of Shinjuku
- join the city’s eccentric fashion tribes as they shop in Harajuku
- soak up the atmosphere at Asakusa’s centuries old temple, Senso-ji
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Courses, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.