Japan - The Japan Alps & Central Honshu (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Central Honshū is Japan’s heartland in both geography and outlook. You’ll find world-class skiing, hiking and onsen in the alpine uplands; atmospheric streetscapes in Takayama and Matsumoto; and urban delights in bustling Nagoya.
- walk Nakasendō, an ancient post road between Tsumago and Magome
- sleep in a thatch-roofed house in World Heritage–listed Ainokura
- contemplate Zen and the art of contemplating at the DT Suzuki Museum in Kanazawa
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Nagoya & Around, Gifu, Gujō-Hachiman, Magome, Tsumago, Kiso, Narai, Takayama, Hida-Furukawa, Okuhida Onsen-gō, Shirakawa-gō & Gokayama, Kanazawa, Noto Peninsula, Kaga Onsen, Fukui, Toyama, Matsumoto, Azumino, Shirahone Onsen, Kamikōchi, Hakuba, Nagano & Around, Togakushi, Obuse, Nozawa Onsen, Shiga Kōgen, Bessho Onsen, Karuizawa, Gunma Prefecture, Takasaki & Around, Minakami Onsen-kyo and Kusatsu Onsen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.