Japan - Shikoku (PDF Chapter)
This is the Shikoku chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guidebook.
Shikoku is synonymous with natural beauty and the pursuit of spiritual perfection. The is-land’s stunning Iya Valley, rugged Pacific coastline, mountain ranges and gorgeous free-flowing rivers all beckon to be explored with hiking boots, kayaks, surfboards and your own earthly ves-sel.
- walk the time-worn route pf the 88 Temple Pilgrimage
- find seclusion, if not enlightenment, like Kobo Daishi did at Muroto-misaki
- hike up sacred Ishizuchi-san, one of Japan’s most gripping ascents
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Tokushima Prefecture, Tokushima, Naruto, The Anan Coast, Iya Valley, Kochi Prefecture, Kochi, Shimanto City, Ashizuri-misaki, Ehime Prefecture, Matsuyama, Ishizuchi-san, Uchiko, Uwajima, Kagawa Prefecture, Takamatsu, Yashima, Maru-game, Zentsuji, Kotohira, Kanonji.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.