Japan - Sapporo & Hokkaido (PDF Chapter)
Hokkaidō is the Japan of wide-open spaces, with primeval forests, lakes, fields of alpine wildflowers and bubbling hot springs. In winter, Hokkaidō has earned a reputation as a paradise for skiers and snowboarders; there are international-level resorts here, but also remote back-country opportunities.
- chart a path through the wilderness in Daisetsuzan National Park, nicknamed the ‘rooftop of Hokkaidō’
- carve fresh tracks in the famous powder of Niseko, Asia’s top ski destination
- get your urban fix in the restaurants and bars of Susukino and drink Sapporo beer straight from the source
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sapporo, Central Hokkaidō, Niseko, Otaru, Shikotsu-Tōya National Park, Tomakomai, Northern Hokkaidō, Asahikawa, Biei, Furano, Daisetsuzan National Park, Wakkanai, Rishiri-Rebun-Sarobetsu National Park, Eastern Hokkaidō, Abashiri, Shari, Shiretoko National Park, Akan National Park, Kushiro, Kushiro-shitsugen National Park, Tokachi and Hakodate.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.