Japan - Sapporo & Hokkaido (PDF Chapter)
This is the Sapporo & Hokkaido chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guide-book.
Hokkaido is the Japan of wide-open spaces. There are large swathes of wilderness here, with primeval forests, tropical-blue caldera lakes, fields of alpine wildflowers and bubbling, in-the-rough hot springs. In the summer, all this draws hikers, cyclists and strollers.
- chart a path through the wilderness in Daisetsuzan National Park, Japan’s largest, nick-named the ‘rooftop of Hokkaido’
- carve fresh tracks in the famous powder of Niseko, Asia’s top ski destination
- get your urban fix in the restaurants and bars of Susukino and drink Sapporo beer straight from the source
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Sapporo, Central Hokkaido, Niseko, Otaru, Shi-kotsu-Toya National Park, Tomakomai, Hakodate, Northern Hokkaido, Asahikawa, Biei, Furano, Daisetsuzan National Park, Wakkanai, Rishiri-Rebun-Sarobetsu National Park, Eastern Hokkaido, Abashiri, Shari, Shiretoko National Park, Akan National Park, Kushiro, Kushiro-shitsugen Na-tional Park, Tokachi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only. *Not available for newer titles
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.