Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Japan - Okinawa & the Southwest Islands (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
The Southwest Islands reveal a Japan you may not know exists: a chain of semitropical, coral-fringed islands evocative of Hawaii. But spectacular nature is only part of it – the Southwest Islands exude a peculiarly ‘un-Japanese’ culture – the Ryūkyū cultural heart still beats strongly here.
- soak up the sun on one of the Kerama Islands white-sand beaches
- hike into the mountainous heart of Yakushima to commune with ancient yakusugi trees
- dive with playful manta rays at Ishigaki-jima
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Ōsumi Islands, Yakushima, Tanegashima, Amami Islands, Amami-Ōshima, Tokunoshima, Okinoerabu-jima, Yoron-tō, Okinawa-hontō, Naha, Southern Okinawa-hontō, Motobu Peninsula, Northern Okinawa-hontō, Kerama Islands, Aka-jima, Zamami-jima, Kume-jima, Miyako Islands, Miyako-jima, Irabu-jima & Shimoji-jima, Yaeyama Islands, Ishigaki-jima, Iriomote-jima, Taketomi-jima, Hateruma-jima and Yonaguni-jima.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.