Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Japan - Northern Honshu (Tohoku) (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
Tōhoku is Japan’s rugged north, a land of volcanic massifs, remote hot springs, ancient folklore and unique customs. It’s three national parks offer year-round outdoor pursuits, while feudal-era remnants can be found in historic towns including Hiraizumi and Kakunodate.
- follow the footsteps of the yamabushi (mountain priests) through the fabled peaks of Dewa Sanzan
- venture back to a time of samurai in Kakunodate
- frolick around Towada-ko’s crater-lake shores in summer
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Miyagi Prefecture, Sendai, Matsushima, Ishinomaki, Naruko Onsen, Iwate Prefecture, Morioka, Hiraizumi, Tōno, Sanriku Kaigan, Minami-Sanriku & Kesennuma, Rikuzen-takata & Ōfunato, Kamaishi & Ōtsuchi, Aomori Prefecture, Aomori, Hirosaki, Towada-ko, Hakkōda-san, Shimokita Peninsula, Akita Prefecture, Akita, Kakunodate, Tazawa-ko, Nyūtō Onsen, Yamagata Prefecture, Yamagata, Yamadera, Zaō Onsen, Ginzan Onsen, Tsuruoka, Dewa Sanzan, Sakata, Niigata Prefecture, Niigata, Sado-ga-shima, Echigo-Yuzawa Onsen, Naeba, Myōkō Kōgen, Fukushima Prefecture, Aizu-Wakamatsu, Bandai Plateau and Kitakata.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.