Japan - Mt Fuji & Around Tokyo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mt Fuji & Around Tokyo chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guide-book.
Once you’ve succumbed to Tokyo’s manifold pleasures, there’s a whole other world out there, where spiritual sanctuaries, invigorating hot springs and idyllic natural scenery awaits; and most of it is less than two hours away from the city.
- watch the sunrise from the majestic summit of Mt Fuji, Japan’s highest mountain and na-tional symbol
- take in the grandeur of old Edo at dazzling Nikk?, a shrine complex amid pristine na-ture
- reset your senses in the Zen temples of Japan’s medieval capital, Kamakura
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mt Fuji, Fuji Five Lakes, Yokohama, Kamakura, Ha-kone, Hakone-Yumoto, Miyanoshita & Kowakidani, Chokoku-no-Mori & Gora, Soun-zan & Sen-gokuhara, Hakone-machi & Moto-Hakone, Izu Peninsula, Atami, Ito, Shimoda, Shirahama, Kis-ami, D?gashima, Shuzen-ji Onsen, Izu Islands, O-shima, Nii-jima, Shikine-jima, Hachijo-jima, Chichibu & Oku-Tama, Takao-san, Oku-Tama, Nikko & Around, Chozen-ji Onsen, Yumoto On-sen, Narita, Ogasawara Archipelago, Chichi-jima, Haha-jima.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.