Japan - Kyushu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kyushu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guidebook.
Kyushu, Japan’s southern- and westernmost main island, is arguably its warmest, friendliest and most beautiful, with active volcanic peaks, rocky, lush and near-tropical coastlines, and great onsen virtually everywhere.
- join night owls for beer and ramen at a yatai (food stall) in Fukuoka
- be moved by stories of early European traders and WWII tragedy in Nagasaki
- explore remote Hirado’s unique history and charm
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Fukuoka & Around, Dazaifu, Karatsu, Imari, Arita, Hirado, Nagasaki & Around, Shimabara Peninsula, Kumamoto & Around, Aso-san, Kurokawa Onsen, Takachiho, Oita Prefecture, Beppu, Yufuin, Kunisaki Peninsula, Usuki, Southern Kyushu, Kagoshima, Sakurajima, Satsuma Peninsula, Kirishima-Kinkowan National Park, Miya-zaki, Aoshima, Nichinan Coast, Obi.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.