Japan - Kansai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kansai chapter from Lonely Planet’s Japan guidebook.
Kansai is a great place to explore if this is your first time in Japan – or if you’re a repeat visitor: there’s much to discover beyond the highlights, including fascinating temples, shrines and archaeological sites that resonate through the ages.
- get the full sensory experience at Dotombori, Osaka’s famous strip for street food, colourful neon and heaving crowds
- be awed by Japan’s largest Buddha statue, Todai-ji, housed in one of Nara’s (many) fan-tastic temples
- walk the ancient pilgrimage trails of Kumano Kod? in the remote interior of the Kii Penin-sula
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Osaka, Kobe, Himeji, Nara Prefecture, Nara & Around, Asuka, Yoshino, Kii Peninsula, Koya-san, Kumano Kodo, Ise-Shima, Shiga Prefecture, Otsu, Hikone, Northern Kansai, Ohara, Kurama & Kibune, Miyama, Amanohashidate, Kinosaki On-sen.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.